Tragedy struck in Kadarko village, Kaura local government Area of Kaduna State over the weekend as a pregnant woman, including her two children, died over suspected food poison on Saturday.
Report has it that the father of the house, a serving police officer, is also in critical condition.
A resident said the three members of the family died as a result of taking boiled dried kenaff leaves (Rama) which was prepared as dinner on friday night.
Leader of the clan, Mr Bodam Mallam, who confirmed the incident, said the victims took the meal only to start purging the following day.
“They were rushed to the hospital where they gave up the ghosts,” he said.
Meanwhile, the husband to the woman, Inspector Peter Dauda is still receiving treatment at the Sir Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa hospital, Kafanchan, DAILY POST gathered.
When contacted, the administrator of Kaura local government, Mr Zitung Basahuwa Agog said staff of the health department had since waded into the matter with a view to unravelling the mystery behind the incident.