Award-winning singer, songwriter, and dancer, Jason Durelo was featured on the 9th episode of Coke Studio Africa 5 as the international guest for this year, and to say the least, the episode was a smash!
In the global fusion episode of the show, the singer may have won himself more African fans. He talks about how huge African music has become across the world.
Aside from his energetic and captivating performance, here are five things we discovered about Jason Durelo during the show.
1. The first time he made a song in Africa was on Coke Studio Africa season 5. Jason revealed this when he was asked how he feels about making music with Africans.
2. His hit song ‘In my head’ started out as ‘In my bed’ before he eventually changed to the former. While preparing for the Afro-beat cover of the song, Jason told the Coke Studio artistes how he wrote the song at the age of 19.
3. He has several melodies. Before coming up with the melody for the first original track ‘One on One’, the American singer who has achieved eleven 11 platinum singles told Falz and Shekhinah about his style, saying “I don’t just do one melody, I do like eight melodies and then pick the one that I feel is the best”.
4. He is a Perfectionist, in a good way, though. Despite his accomplishments, Jason is a stickler for excellence. He would stop at nothing just so he and the people around him get things done right. He proved that while working with Falz on their collabo.
5. Jason Durelo is a dancer. Yes, he is that versatile, well technically! *wink* He does not just have talent as a music artiste and songwriter, he is also good with entertaining the audience.
Watch him dance alkayida